How To Identify Which Ink Cartridge/s Are Not Compatible With Your Epson Printer – Windows Vista
In order to check which ink cartridges are not compatible with your Epson printer, you must view the printer properties within Windows Vista, this step by step guide will help you achieve this.
IMPORTANT NOTE: many compatible ink cartridges are reported as “incompatible” when they are actually empty, so if you are seeing this message after you have been using your cartridge for a reasonable amount of time then its probably best to just replace it with a new ink cartridge before doing any further troubleshooting to see if that resolves the issue.
1. Click the Windows start button (located in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, or press the Windows button on the keyboard)
2. Click Control Panel
3. Ensure that the Control Panel is in “Control Panel Home View” – if it is not then click on the Control Panel Home View in the image below.
4. Click on Printers in the Hardware and Sound section
5. Right hand click on the printer that has the problem.
6. Click on Printing Preferences and a screen similar to the following will be shown.
9. Make a note of the offending ink cartridge (for future reference)
10. Perform an ink cartridge replacement but actually remove the offending cartridge and re-insert it as this problem can occur if the cartridge was either inserted too quickly or incorrectly.
11. If the problem persists, then turn off the printer, leave it for 30 seconds and then turn it on again.
12. Finally this problem can commonly occur when compatible and original ink cartridges are mixed, remove ink cartridges and replace so that you have a full set of just one type of ink cartridge (all original or all compatible).